The Thing
The Imperial Pub,
Toronto, ON
May 5, 2009
dpa4060's > battery box > Sony PCM-M1 > Yamaha soundcard > cdwav > flac frontend
Set 1 (35:09)
-----
01. (14:01)
02. (21:08)
Set 2 (33:13)
-----
01. (23:31)
02. (09:42)
Total time: 68:22
Mats Gustafsson - alto, tenor & baritone saxophones
Ingebrigt Haker-Flaten - bass
Paal Nilssen-Love - drums & percussion
After the fall through on Victo 2009 The Thing were booked for a second night in Toronto. this time in a very intimate space in behind the bar at The Imperial Pub. I recorded this from the edge of the stage with very nice results. This give us a further glimpse into how this group works. 2 nights of very different music. I preferred the 1st night at Tranzac, it had a grittier quality to it that I liked. But this one has it's great moments as well.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteError
ReplyDeleteThe file could not be found. Please check the download link.
I just cut and pasted all the links and they work fine. Please confirm you are copying the WHOLE link.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately right now our servers are overloaded and we have no more download slots left for non-members. Of course you can also try again later.
ReplyDeleteAgain, thanks!
ReplyDeleteRapidshare is terrible if you are not a Premium account holder. I've heard setting up a free collectors account will eliminate the above limitations - however, I'm not advertising for them... it's a possible solution.
Thank you, I love whatever Gustafsson does, but this group is one of his best environments!
ReplyDeletehttp://www21.zippyshare.com/v/oNXBpwMs/file.html
ReplyDeletehttp://www21.zippyshare.com/v/dFRCjZSt/file.html
thanks for this one and the other Thing one, too
ReplyDelete