Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Thing @ Tranzac, Toronto, ON May 4, 2009




The Thing

Tranzac,
Toronto,ON

May 4, 2009

dpa4060's > battery box > Sony PCM-M1 > Yamaha soundcard > cdwav > flac frontend


01. (02:37)
02. (16:08)
03. (25:46)
04. (17:45)
05. (03:54)

Total Time: 66:10



Mats Gustafsson - alto, tenor & baritone saxophones
Ingebrigt Haker-Flaten - bass
Paal Nilssen-Love - drums & percussion



One of the most incredible shows I attended in 2009. This band is full of fire. If you have not heard them yet check'em out. I recorded this basically on the stage with them directly in front of the Ingebrigt with Mats on my right and Paal on my left. They're studio output is very strong but to get the full scope of their power they need to be experienced live. For those of you who have not had the opportunity I hope this gives you a little taste of what they provide us as listeners.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Error
    The file could not be found. Please check the download link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cut and pasted all the links and they work fine. Please confimr you are copying the WHOLE link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I've heard Tranzac is in dire financial straits.

    torontoist.com/2010/09/the_tranzac_is_in_trouble.php

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've seen this one before. If you're able to repost that would be appreciated. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/U1mqxY9J/file.html
    http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/MUTQ8wqG/file.html

    ReplyDelete