Thursday, March 5, 2015
MOSKUS TRIO @ GUELPH JAZZ FESTIVAL 2013
Moskus Trio
Guelph Jazz Festival,
River Run Center - Co-operators Hall,
Guelph, ON
September 4, 2013
DPA 4061 > Tascam DR-07 > usb > Audacity (normalize) > cdwav > FLAC
1. [03:03]
2. [22:34]
3. [08:08]
4. [19:06]
Anja Lauvdal - piano
Fredrik Luhr Dietrichson - bass
Hans Hulbækmo - drums
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/KKO0x1OG/file.html
ReplyDeletehttp://www29.zippyshare.com/v/4K3vOhWC/file.html
Nice, a complete discovery. I enjoyed the video too. I'll be looking around for other stuff from them for sure.
ReplyDeleteHans has since become the new drummer for Atomic. I didn't make the connection at first.
ReplyDeleteVersatility then for Hans, we can find two different conceptions of drumming within both these bands. I really liked discovering the Hubro philosophy, as Moskus are part of that label. For those interested, the video performance available here was part of a longer show featuring two other groups in that Oslo club, showing the different angles to making music to be found in the Hubro recordings. Thank you very much filbert for the exposure to that.
ReplyDeleteOh, by the way, there is a great series going on in Toronto called audiopollination. It's so-called free improvisation, and everything is documented and available on their web-site here, audiopollination.ca If you can make it there, filbert, I think you will have a very good time as the music includes a very vast array of music making, both acoustic and electronic. It's being held at the Array Music space to make things according to what I just said. The last performance featured Michael Snow, among others, and the performers are encouraged to mix in various groups combinations to make things even more interesting.
ReplyDeleteYes there is a very good scene happening in Toronto over the last several years, and I'm sure before as well. The city is well stocked with great people and musicians. I personally have not made it to a lot of gigs, the most interesting ones fall on my working days which makes commuting impossible for me. I know a few people who attend regularly though and always receive feedback on what I missed.
ReplyDelete