
Vandermark 5
Hallwalls,
Buffalo, NY
August 12, 2009
dpa4060's > battery box > Sony PCM-M1 > cdwav > flac
disc 1 / set 1
--------------
1. introduction
2. Spiel
3. Second Marker
4. Friction
5. Desireless
disc 2 / set 2
--------------
1. introduction
2. Cement
3. Table, Skulls & Bottles
4. Homage to New York
5. Early Color
6. Cadmium Orange
Ken Vandermark - tenor sax & clarinet
Dave Rempis - tenor & alto saxophones
Fred Lonberg-Holm - cello
Kent Kessler - bass
Tim Daisy - drums
Here is a fantastic document I made of the final day of their 2009 North American tour. I opted out of seeing them in Toronto the night before in order to see them in this great venue. Most of the titles are from the new release, which I still have not heard. The arrangements are quite intriguing but the most surprising thing to me was the command and direction of Dave Rempis. I have been thoroughly impressed by him on every tour I have caught since around 1999-2000 but he has stepped it up yet another level. IMHO he stole the show. I hope you enjoy listening to this fine concert as much I have. It's a shame no other recordings have surfaced for this tour as of yet but hopefully in time we'll get to hear some more.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks. A repost of this would be great. It appears I got the Toronto show you mention in your notes at some point in 2010 (after you wrote them). Probably from DAD so you probably got it too, but if not I can dig it up.
ReplyDeletehttp://www29.zippyshare.com/v/Byh9Hyw0/file.html
ReplyDeletehttp://www29.zippyshare.com/v/t1iKDTOB/file.html
http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/gGPdNZwy/file.html
http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/unkWmHYD/file.html
Thanks for the repost (and new posts). Working my way back to the front or somewhere in between...
Delete