

Hamid Drake - Assif Tsahar
Club La Palma
Rome, Italy
December 4, 2002
radio broadcast -> ? -> CDR on trade -> EAC -> WAV -> traders little helper -> FLAC
Assif Tsahar (ts, bcl)
Hamid Drake (d, frame drum, voc)
01. unknown title - 11:47
02. unknown title - 15:16
03. unknown title - 13:28
04. unknown title - 17:14
05. unknown title - 1:11
Total time - 58:59
A thrilling duo. Everything I have heard these two do together has been really great. Whether it's the 2 releases on Ayler Records or unofficial live recordings such as this one. Assif Tsahar is a personal favorite of mine. His compositions flow unlike any one else's and his tenor blasts are unlike any thing I have heard before. There is also a very mysterious beauty about his bass clarinet playing that i cannot quite describe. His music is very well documented on his Hopscotch label. There is not to much you can say about Hamid that has not been said before. I caught the duo live in Toronto in Sept 2001 and it is still a great memory. The music was powerful and moving but still it was highly interactive and dare I say uplifting.

Thank you for sharing this concert, it looks very interesting to me.
ReplyDeletebest, Kike.