Thursday, March 5, 2015

Jemeel Moondoc Quartet in Lugano April 10, 2008


Jemeel Moondoc Quartet
Roy Campbell (tp, fl-h)
Jemeel Moondoc (as)
Hillard Greene (b)
Klaus Kugel (dr).
"RSI Studio 2",
Lugano (Switzerland)

April 10, 2008.
lineage:
DVB-S (256 kbps/ 48 khz)> Nokia Mediamaster 9500 (d-box 1) >harddisk.
Edits were made with the mp3DirectCut software.
Disc 1
1 unknown title
2 unknown title
3 unknown title

Disc 2
1 unknown title
2 unknown title
3 unknown title

An extremely powerful concert recording of a ferocious band.  Your head may be left spinning for days after absorbing this one.  Wish there were a ton more documents of Jemeel Moondoc but we have to live with what we get I suppose.

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing, Filbert.
    I agree with you about Moondoc. Every household should have at least one of his discs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great. May I request a lossless copy please? If it isn't too much trouble. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks, yeah, Moondoc should be much more known, great musician!

    ReplyDelete
  5. appreciate your uploads, and I hope you're not stopping,

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great stuff, many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess this was before my DAD time and hasn't shown up since. If it can be found a repost would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are tons of things that pop up on DIME that either get archived and forgotten about or are overlooked gems. This is one of them overlooked gems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is flac not mp2 this time. i have original mp2 files as well.

    http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/Y0dNxqnm/file.html
    http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/PzwYGOYf/file.html
    http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/WyPp7aRe/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just getting back here and had been looking forward to this set. I'd not have overlooked it though I suspect many might have.

    Could you please repost the native MP2 files as you'd mentioned above? Since it started as those best to stay there barring any issue that required conversion.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. MP2 FILES
    http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/0rptH09S/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks again. Nice to see you back...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Friends, Jemeel is a great and under-recognized player. His Revolt of the Negro Lawn Jockeys is a classic (available from Eremite) as well as having one of the greatest creative music titles out there. If possible, it would be great if you could re-up this one + Steve Swell's Fire Into Music at Guelph. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete