Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Neighbours (feat. Fred Anderson) @ Quaisimodo, Berlin, Germany Dec 8, 1980



Neighbours feat. Fred Anderson

Quasimodo
Berlin, Germany

1980.12.08 - December 08, 1980

Source/Lineage/Quality: Clone from master - CDR – HD – flac -dime -A - special thanks to the taper !


01) 65:21 (cut 47:13)
02) 69:41 (cut 28:30)

Fred Anderson ts
Dieter Glawischnig p,
Ewald Oberleitner b
John Preininger dr





An incredible find!  A super rare treat to find a recording of this age with my personal favorite sax player Fred Anderson.  I had not heard this ensemble before and was blown away by the highly intuitive interaction amongst the players.  

6 comments:

  1. Greate! Fred is my favorite sax player too (... and Wally Shoup of course !!!), especially in trio with Tatsu Aoki and Hamid Drake, delicious :] ... thanks a lot mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yee i have this and it is really good. Did you ever heard the one with Braxton? also amazing!
    Ernesto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Fantastic! Could you tell me where this came from? Or who I could contact to get more info about it? I only ask because I am thinking that maybe this should get a proper release on CD or even a re-release. I don't want to list my email here but if you would like to email then let me know though the comments and I will provide a throw away address.

    ps. I am all for music blogs and I will try to re-release on CD but under creative commons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have never heard of this... It did not seem to turn up among the many that appeared upon his passing. if it might be reposted that would be great. He was quite amazing. His protege Ernest Dawkins is also among my favorites...

    ReplyDelete
  5. In case time comes around for it I'll put another comment here to ask about a repost. Not being one of your own it may be more trouble to find though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/iInoR1aP/file.html
    http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/kIXFXM3U/file.html
    http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/81RzHni5/file.html
    http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/JV0ljJDo/file.html

    ReplyDelete