Saturday, May 20, 2017

Joe Henderson Quartet @ Krizanke, Ljubljana, Yugoslavia June 15, 1979


Joe Henderson Quartet

Krizanke,
Ljubljana, Yugoslavia

June 15, 1979

Source/ Lineage/ /Quality: FM – Copy from Master –Revox A 77 – Denon CDR 1000 – Audacity – flac – dime – A-


1) 09:18 Inner Urge
2) 08:41 Recorda Me
3) 10:43 Invitation
4) 11:02 And I Love Her (Mediterranean Sun)
5) 07:07 Relaxin´ At Camarillo


Joe Henderson ts
Mal Waldron p
Wayne Darling b
Doug Hammond dr




I myself can never get enough of Joe Henderson's music.  I first got hooked on his many great Blue Note recordings and pretty much followed though his career from there.  He's a true original and is always inspirational.  This great quartet offers lots of creativity and is entertaing as well as interesting in their dialogues.  Two thumbs way the fuck up!!   A big thank you goes out to blackforest over at DIME for upgrading to a more complete and better sounding source!

13 comments:

  1. Live jazz don't get any better..Makes me wonder why anyone bothers with studio recordings for jazz..The sparks fly, the guys dig in, the audience is spell-bound..Thats the real spirit of jazz alive and present on this date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here, here sasha! (6 years delay)
    i have some quartet concerts of joe with the late great bheki mseleku, al foster, mraz or lockwood i think, maybe some others i can up if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More Joe is always a good thing. Can never get enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for you, filbert:
    2-part little grab-bag of live joe features from everywhere w/ j.brackeen, r.haynes, b.hart, petrucciani, mseleku, et al.:
    http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/b1tJLpWW/file.html
    http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/3PSsGSH7/file.html
    feel free to delete this comment or do anything with the materials, etc...
    Aloha!
    BUA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Could you re-up this one, rapidshare links are dead...

    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stand by while I locate the fileset. Once it's ready I will bump it to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/WIsEPalN/file.html
    http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/Sqlbp1lJ/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks like you big fan of Joe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. Any chance of re-upping any of the other live Joe Henderson sets on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks too much, Filbert; I'm too a big admirer of Joe's interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks A LOT!!
    good old Joe Henderson
    and it is always a huge pleasure to hear Mal Waldron's voicings..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks a lot, Filbert ! I'm lucky the links are still good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad this is still "alive" many thanks.

    ReplyDelete