
Brötzmann-Pliakas-Wertmüller - FULL BLAST
moods, ZKB SPECIAL: UNERHÖRT! 2007
Zurich, Switzerland
25. November 2007
source: DRS2 > DVB-S @ 256 kbps(MP2) > HUMAX 8000 > EDIROL R09 > WAV > Audacity > Flac 6
sound quality: A
1. - 12:18
2. - 09:02
3. - 23:41
4. - 02:47
total time 47:43 - incomplete!
Peter Brötzmann alto- & tenor saxophone, tarogato
Marino Pliakas - electric bass
Michael Wertmüller - drums
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4
One of the most brutal and punishing bands ever led by Peter Brotzmann. I caught them live in Buffalo abouth 7 months before this concert and they completely destroyed my consciousness. Loud explosive, pounding and brutal sounds emanating from all three musicians. Set break was taken due to the fact that Michael Wertmuller had broken his snare and needed to repair it. Ranks atop some my best memories of witnessing Peter Brotzmann live. I offer here a crushing radio broadcast. Sadly it is not the whole concert but what we have is truly worth damaging your psysche for.

they truly are a remarkable band,
ReplyDeleteespecially on a live setting.
your review says all there is to know here -
MW broke his fucking snare, now where have anyone ever heard of such a thing.
thanks so much for sharing.
I don't understand how someone can maintain a dedication to aggression and ugliness decade after decade. I guess this stuff is like cathartic exertion for sedentary blokes.
ReplyDeleteNice blog, though. Appreciate the contributions.
Thank you Filbert for sharing that,
ReplyDeletei love Peter Brotz and his musical projects.
If you can, share more Brotz with us.
best, Kike.
I have tons of unofficial private and radio recordings from the late 1960's through present including almost a dozen recordings I have made since 2002. Is there anything you prefer? I have so many different combos. Will pick some at random to start.
ReplyDeleteDear Filbert,
ReplyDeletethere are many diferent combos, where Bro made very interesting projects. I think it would be a good startpoint his improvised session with people like Fred van Hove or Han Bennink; Later his project known as Die like a dog, finally with the Chicago Tentet.
best regards, Kike.
I have some great documents of those groups. They are ALL stored on a terra drive in FLAC format with many of my masters and also ALL of my Ken Vandermark recordings so it will be very easy to access them.
ReplyDeleteDear Filbert
ReplyDeleteok, man, let me know more about Brotz, because this guy blow my head up! Please.
best, Kike.
hey, i think it would be cooler to share more obscure projects pf the man, especially ad-hoc ensembles and such, rather than officially known and recorded (such as the bands that were mentioned earlier on). like live shows with his son for example and so forth.
ReplyDeletethank you vety much.
dear filbert, many thanks for this great post. there are not too many posts with full blast trio - and this is outstanding avantgarde jazz band.
ReplyDeleteby the way - do you have access to fred van hove - church organ - very rare lp on saj ?
also - any of the following sun ra titles :
1. live at slug's saloon (6 cd set)
2. live at myron's ballroom (3 cd set)
3. lost reel collection vol. 3 - shadows took shape (2 cd set)
4. all stars - milan, zurich, west berlin, paris (5 cd set) ?
maybe you could post them at your blog or at cia.
many thanks in advance.
paul w.
any chance for a reup?
ReplyDeleteSeems I too probably missed this not being on DAD back in that day. So if still at hand it seems there's interest. Thanks.
ReplyDelete