Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Bern Nix / Joe Morris duo @ The Joint Jan 23, 1986



Bern Nix / Joe Morris duo

"The Joint", WBRS-FM
Winer Wing, USDAN Student Center
Brandeis University
Waltham, MA

January 23, 1986

sourced from cassettes copied from the master tapes

1st gen cassette(Dolby B on)>Denon DRM-555>Sony PCM-D50(16 bit/44.1 kHz)>cdwav>flac(level 6)

1st set 31:30

2nd set 22:58

Bern Nix - electric guitar
Joe Morris - electric guitar




A very interesting duo.  Have not heard too much by Bern Nix but have liked what I have heard.  Joe Morris has got to be one of the most interestng guitarists I have ever heard.  I was a little shocked when I found this recording on DIME and was even a little more shocked when I listened.  Very good quality recording from WBRS and a rare treasure to be sure.

6 comments:

  1. no comments here? really? nothing? bern nix AND joe morris TOGETHER??? Well, okay then.
    i don't think i ever heard morris this young. nix's album with hopkins and baker is pretty great, and then all that work with ornette's circle...
    huh.
    well, if at first...try, try again!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rapidshare is saying that the file is not there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rapidshare is saying that the file is not there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stand by while I locate the fileset. Once it's ready I will bump it to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/latNFFqX/file.html
    http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/Dfxb2Mfj/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. My incredibly informed and deeply insightful analysis: Holy shit. That is all.

    ReplyDelete