



I have here a brilliant set by this all-star quartet coming straight from my own collection of private recordings. As of late they are among my favorite groups and this set is a strong representation of what they have to offer us as listeners. It is quite nice recording, I am still surprised I was able to pull it off so nicely. Hope you all enjoy and don't forget to pick up their disc on Rogue Art: Swimming in a Galaxy of Goodwill and Sorrow. I believe any other release by this group will be hard to come by.
Steve Swell's Fire Into Music
12th Guelph Jazz Festival,
St. George's Anglican Church, Mitchell Hall, Guelph, ON
Sept 8, 2005
source: DPA 4060's > DPA MPS6030 > Sony PCM-M1
transfer: Tascam DA-20mk-II > Siundblaster Audigy 2 > EAC > CDWAV > FLAC FRONTEND
transfer: Tascam DA-20mk-II > Siundblaster Audigy 2 > EAC > CDWAV > FLAC FRONTEND
1.
2.
3.
Steve Swell - trombone
Jemeel Moondoc - alto sax
William Parker - bass
Hamid Drake - drums

thanks filbert... looking forward to hearing it...
ReplyDeletecheers
S
Wow!!!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like it would be particularly tasty if it might be revivable...
ReplyDeleteAny chance for a re-up of this? Looks very tasty!
ReplyDelete